Wednesday, March 10, 2010

That baby don't look like you...

Photobucket

It amazes me how much Mia does not look like me and how much she looks like her father, cousin and grandmother.
The only thing Mia and I have in common is our lovely shade of awkward brown that no concealer, foundation and powder ever seems to match. Just magnificent...
But when I pull her hair back, sometimes, she looks a lot like her grandmother. I guess it's a good thing I gave Mia her grandma's first name as her middle name. (lol) This is Grandma Phoukeo holding Mia Phoukeo.
Photobucket
You may not be able to see the resemblance, but when you see her laugh and Mia laugh, you can tell they are related. Even their eye shape is alike.

Now, Mia and her cousin look like brother and sister even though his dad and I look NOTHING alike. We couldn't even say we were related at all.
Photobucket
It's kinda strange, but cute. Because she looks like the girl version of him and he looks like the boy version of her. lol.

Here is Mia, her father and I. Now who does she look like? And don't be nice and say me... lol
Photobucket
When she was born, she looked like his clone. It was kind of scary because it looked like I had no genetic makeup within Mia at all for the first few days... then she turned extra black... But now she's normal shaded like me. =D
Photobucket
Really. Does she NOT look a lot like him? My point exactly.

But no matter how much Mia may not look like me, or people look at me awkwardly when we don't have the same last name (and if I say/spell her last name) or even stare when I tell her to "Maa, gin kao, or baw" rather than say "Come, eat or no", I know she is my little stink-stink. And no matter how much you look like your father and how much we fight and argue, I will still love my Mia P. Khaiphanliane no matter what. Shoot, I'm the one who almost passed out from the immense pain she put me through, she better be my stink-stink!! Hahaha. =]


No comments:

Post a Comment