Thursday, April 8, 2010

Update of Raven

So, I haven't written a blog in quite some time.... So here's an update.

I'm learning how to cook. I decided to just look up recipes I was craving and instead of going out an buying it, I'll make it!
The first thing I made was Bun Ga Nuong, which is a Vietnamese grilled chicken salad. It turned out fantastic!!! It was SO good. I'm quite proud of myself especially after ALL that chopping & mincing & marinating. ugh! And the sauce I made with it just made it 10 times better.
Now I made Jiao Zi (Chinese Dumplings) and it turned out quite nice too. A little gingery but still tasty. I'm actually doing quite well with this cooking thing. =D
Once again, sauce = so much better.

Oh god... I'm watching my mom make a Facebook... She doesn't know what she's doing...These are the times I wish I had parents that spoke no English...

Well, the semester is almost over. I have 3 papers to write that are due within 6 days of each other, but I think my history paper will be the death of me. We aren't allowed to use internet sources, 1.5 spacing and heavily footnoted. I hope I'm doing the footnotes correctly... and we must use 5-6 books. Why would he do this to us?!
What else? Mia now knows how to say "that" when she wants something. Or if we are eating and I try to give her something, she'll point and say "that" for what she really wants to eat. (Usually rice or some vegetable.) She's not too big on meat... what a Vegetarian.

I am not looking forward to summer school. Not one bit, but I know I have to in order to graduate within the next 2 years. I just hope I can get a loan to pay off the $8000 to even go to summer school!! -___-

Just looking at my life right now, I really do believe I had reached rock bottom about a month ago. It was hard to even go on with my day to day routine without knowing I'm lying about my happiness. Now that I look at it, how much lower can I go? The only way to go from the very bottom is up! Since I've realize this, I'm much more content with myself & my lifestyle. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment