Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Mia,

It's been a while since I wrote you a letter. Sorry, but I've been busy with school, work, and maintaining a social life, and you've been busy driving me crazy.
So what has happened within the last couple of months?
You have your teacher come once a week now to help you speak better. It's been helping a lot actually and you love it when teacher comes. You like learning and you are very smart! (Apparently you use articles in your little sentences very well according to teacher.) Hopefully you will continue seeing her and you can become a great speaker! I have faith in you.

You now call yourself "Mia" instead of "Mimi". Finally! I thought you hated your name because you refused to say it. You still have trouble with your middle and last name. You call yourself "Mia Kukeo Khailalapafaaunm"... It's ok. I will keep working with you...

Halloween was yesterday and you were a pirate! You loved your costume and wanted to wear it everyday. Then you wanted  me to buy another one! Say what?! No. Sorry. I don't spoil you like that. Only occasionally. But trick or treating sucked. We went to Wenna's neighborhood and no one was out! No porch lights were on, no decorations, no kids running around. I feel like trick or treating is going to be gone as you grow older... But it's ok. I bought you some candy to make up for it. (But free candy always tastes better...)

You've been visiting your dad more. You love it because he spoils the crap out of you and you get to play with your cousin & friend, Jayden. You always talk about them whenever you leave and can't wait to go back. You definitely have taken on the title of "Daddy's Girl" for real now.

Finally, you have no teeth anymore. Well, two front teeth. On October 9th at about 10:30pm, you were playing with a blanket over your head while I was doing homework. Suddenly, you fell and your teeth hit the TV stand. I went to pick you up and realized that 1 tooth was gone and the other was hanging there. I freaked you, you only cried for about 5 minutes, and we ran to the hospital. Everyone came to the hospital to see if you were alright. Adiam, Nujuma, Mary, your dad. Thanh even stayed up to see if you were ok. Luckily, everything is fine. our right tooth is in a box in your room (sorry, the tooth fairy didn't come), and your left tooth is still in your gum. The dentist said it might come back down or just die. Yeah. Just die up there. So now you look different but I'm used to it now. You learned how to eat & bite into things differently now. I guess your making the best out of a scary situation. This may sound mean, but I'm kind of glad it was both of your front teeth because if you only had 1 fall out, you would look like Patrick from Spongebob. This way is cuter.

Love, Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment