Thursday, January 28, 2010

Phở King Adventure: Yany Express

So, I'm finally starting my "Phở King Adventure" blogs.
I've only been going to Pho Mimi, and now that I've tried another place that has challenged it, I want to blog about it.

Yany Express
5495 Jimmy Carter Blvd
Norcross, GA 30093

It's a little drive, but very worth it. I was kind of skeptical about trying this place because I had never heard of it, never heard anything about it, and I was scared. The last little place I went to for phở was kinda... not so hot, but decent for a hungry soul.
But I trusted Thanh & Katy's word & tried it out.

Our bowls came. Adiam and I got the "Phở bò chín nạc" (well done brisket. We don't eat raw mess...) and Thanh got something with everything in it and by everything, I mean tripe, brisket, tendon, tongue, feet, fingers. lol. Just kidding...

Like usual, we all grabbed our ingredients to pour into our bowl. I added in a little of everything then tasted it. My goodness, I really didn't need to add in anything! The broth was SO flavorful that it really didn't need much of anything at all.
The only problem was that it was SO HOT. Omg. That water on the table actually came in handy that day. It was like we had to blow out noodles for about 2 minutes just to let it become edible.
The brisket was cut SO thinly and had absolutely zero fat on it, which is good for Adiam and I because we don't like to eat what is already on our behinds. =D
They gave you the perfect amount of noodles with just the right amount of meat. Some places are stingy with their noodles & meat, but this one was just right. I've been to a place where I had more bean sprouts & meat than I had noodles! That's a waste.

Over all, this place is my FAVORITE pho restaurant so far. Forget Pho Mimi. I'll drive the extra distance for some Yany Express.

No comments:

Post a Comment