Thursday, September 17, 2009

School & Me

I haven't written on here in a while so here I go...
before I go to Math, so this better be quick.

I finally got back into the school world after a 7 month maternitybreak.
I know. Wouldn't all pregnant women love to have a maternity leave THAT long? You get to see everything!


But anyway, Like I thought, it was gonna be a big jump from no education & hard work to living the fast track of Emory University Education System. The teachers demand A LOT of your time because all of the students, except the selected 6 or so, are required to live on campus. The schedule tutoring at 7pm, have TPLS where you kinda volunteer at places & pretty much do research on the place you choose, movies after class, 8am tests before class tests, 2pm after class tests. Not to mention the social clubs. Its easy if you live on campus.

I, on the other hand, drive 60 miles a day every day to school. That equals up to about... I'd say $40-50 in gas a week. $200 a month or so. I come on the weekends to work on group projects, which takes away from my Mia/resting time. I don't join the clubs & such because, frankly, I wouldn't have a life anymore. I have labs 2:30-5:30 once a week. I work in the library 3 days a week (10 hours total). Then I get home & Mia is there with her smiling, mischevious self & I forget about all the stress I have through out the day.
Of course, it is harder to do your homework at home because there are more distractions than if you lived in the dorm. Mother is always calling me to come do this or go do that or talking about this & that and what Oprah & Dr. Phil said. Or this-Swine-flu-that
Now that Mia is crawling, she tries to eat my paper & see what I'm doing. (She loves exploring!)
I try to support my nephew in his baseball games & go to his practices & games. Then, I study here & there hoping the segmented material come together & stick in my head.

Now I see why so many girls who do have kids at a young age just drop out & try to find a sugar daddy to take care of them. It's very hard juggling a school, mothering, and a social life. I cant even remember the last time I went out with a friend to have fun.... Really... I think it was... Like August... The beginning/middle of August. Some girls can't handle it.
I know it's hard for me because it seems like everything is slapping me in the face now & I realize that I can't play with Mia or take her out as much as I used to, but I try as hard as I can to.

Inthe end, juggling as a single mother is not easy and I respect anyone out there who is doing the same thing because it does take a tole on you (my hair is falling out like mad).
But I guess it will all be worth in the end, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment