Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dear Mia,

I've officially a single mother to you for a year now.
As much as I wanted you to grow up as a complete family of your father and I, deep down, I knew I couldn't have stayed. We couldn't stay together. I thought long and hard about this decision and came to the conclusion of:
Will Mia want to see us fight all the time and me unhappy?
Would Mia want her mother to be happy?

Obviously, I put our happiness above anything. I don't care about the statistics, stereotypes, etc... And yes, it is annoying to always walk around alone or sitting in a doctor's office with people staring at us. It really doesn't matter because, honestly, I am a happier person now than I was a year ago; you have contributed to this happiness.

Everything you do brings me happiness! From you throwing a ball at me while I'm sleeping to picking your nose to pulling me off the couch just to dance with you. It's all so wonderful.
Sure, you may be one of those wedlock babies, you haven't see your dad in I can't remember how long, you apparently have a stepmother now, I have to juggle school & a job while learning Lao to teach you, and you can get a little out of hand in public . But all that doesn't matter.
You have me. I have you. We are our own happy family. No one else is invited into this Mia-Mommy Club.

P.S. It's ok... You'll learn how to use the one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment