Monday, August 2, 2010

Au Natural sans le Chop #2

So, it's been 3 months and 2 days since my last relaxer, perm, chemically induced hair coma, creamy crack for the hair treatment, whatever you want to call it!

I have realized that I am more gentle with my head than i would handle a premature kitten. I guess it's because I am terrified that my hair will break off into little pieces and I'll be left with half my hair gone.
But that could be my excuse to go bald... *HINT HINT: who's up for it?!*

But anyway! I still don't know what my "hair type" is. There's like 1 inch of curly happiness and about 8-10 inches (guess-timation) of dead, killed-in-the-hair-war relaxed ends....
BUT there is enough curly goodness for me to pull out a strand and take a picture of it! Look, look, look!
Photobucket
I had to edit the crap out of the picture for you to see the hair strands. I have really, really, almost non-existent-ly thin strands of hair. Literally, it was almost not visible on the white piece of paper...
But yes, you can see where its straight & chemically straightened & my NEW curly hair at the top! Yay! it's growing quite fast too. =D
Photobucket
But it's weird how the strand on the right is curlier than the one on the left... I have 2 different hair textures?! Hum... this could make things more complicated... Type 4a or 4b or 4c?! I don't know!

But I will eventually get my Leela James fro...
Or maybe extra curly like Esperanza Spalding...
It's hard to tell what my kinky-naps will be like since there is an Irish gene floating around in my gene pool (which explains the orangey-brown & oily hair I have). *Contemplating*
Eh, either one, I will be happy with my naturally flowing, genetic hair because not everyone is able to have it! In yo face! >=D

I don't know why it took me this long to embrace my natural hair-ness when people know I am one BIG advocate for natural beauty & my disliking of makeup, plastic surgery, injections, etc.
Sure, I wear the occasional eyeliner & mascara but that is only for enhancement of my eye shape. Its not like I NEED makeup to leave the house or be seen by the public eye! I don;t know how to put on foundation and eyeshadow is not to my liking.
I shall embrace the motherland and hopefully learn some tips to tell about my hair rehab & detox story.
Tis all for now,
Peace, Love & Embracing Natural Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment