Friday, August 20, 2010

Phở-King Adventure: I Luv Phở

Destination: I Luv Phở
Address: 4650 Jimmy Carter Blvd
Suite 133-B
Norcross, GA 30093
Hours: Tuesday-Sunday *24hours*
You got that right. Open 24 hours a day, 6 days a week. How convienient! I you don't feel like having the regular old McDonald's or Taco Bell as a late night snack, you can swing by here & snatch up some phở!
I went to this place last Friday. Surprisingly, it was nicely decorated, clean and a normal crowd of people. I thought it was going to me some trash heap since it's open forever.
They have a variety of food like most Viet restaurants. (Bahn Mi, Phở, Bun, Fried rice, egg rolls, etc...) They also have Boba tea! But I didn't try it...
I am more worried about the pho than any thing else.
The small bowl was a nice amount. Just enough to fill you up. On top of that, it's cheap! Like... $5.25? I can't remember exactly, but even the Large bowl was about $5.75 and the Extra Large bowl was around $6.25. Enough of price, let's talk about taste. It was the prettiest bowl of phở I have ever seen! Nicely decorated with thin, red onion slices, onions, and what not. Even the herb bowl was in a cute little boat shaped plate. The water had oranges in it, which, surprisingly once more, made the water taste nice. Not too strong like lemon but a nice, citrus wave.
And the Phở was nicely flavored. Not too bland but not overly powerful. Nothing like Yany Express (my fave place) but it's FAR better than Phở Mimi, Saigon Cafe in Duluth and Phở Hien, which is now closed down...
Adiam's meat was quite fatty though... Mine wasn't. So if you like fat, I suggest getting the well done brisket. I got the brisket and tripe I believe and literally, there were about 2 tiny pieces of tripe. Really?! Two?! Yes. I am serious. On top of that, I almost died eating their jalapeños. My mouth, ears, nose, eyes were all on fire. BEWARE OF THE JALAPEÑOS! Only eat if you want to die. And I like spicy crap!
But overall, it is a nice restaurant. Clean, clean bathroom, good food, especially if its late at night! How good can u get at 3am than this? Try it, you might like it.
And I will continue my journey to find the best phở place in Atlanta. Until then, Yany Express still has my heart.

Until next time,
The Phở-King, Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment