Monday, January 3, 2011

Au Natural sans le Chop #3

I've come to realize my hair is not coiled, but more of a tight wave. It looks like her hair when dry... Yeah... more like this girl. The edges of my hair tend to be more coily than back & forth tight waves.
Thanks Mom & Dad for your mixed heritage. Sometimes I wish my ancestors weren't stolen & sold by their rulers so I'd alteast have an idea of what ONE type of curl pattern I'd have. Not an array of mess!
One hair will be fairly straight. One hair will be slightly wavy. Another, coiled. Another, wavy coiled. Pretty much a bunch of beta pleated sheets & alpha helices mixed together for you biology people out there.
Now my head is about half Africa, half chemically burned đu-đu. And yes, I do mean it looks like a chemically burned papaya if I ever saw one because I imagine it would look horrible... Just like my hair. I have no clue how to deal with it now. Before, it wasn't nappy enough to notice the differences. Now, if I put it in a pony tail, my head has waves & my pony tail is straight. Its AWKWARD!

Eh... But I guess that's the life of living in a Western dominated world. You have to have straight hair, skinny, and light skinned to be accepted in the world. But now that more black people are getting rid of the creamy crack, then maybe big fros will be the NEW HOTNESS!
Let's hope so because my little fro is NOT the new hotness....


No comments:

Post a Comment