Monday, January 17, 2011

Dear Mia,

You're finally two years old.
It seems like yesterday you were a little, pink blob with black fur that just laid there, slept and laughed occasionally. Now you're a tall, skinny, extra long furry little girl who talks to me, makes me laugh, has inside jokes with me and actually human! It still amazes me that you have half of my DNA coding your life. I know it's nerdy but that's what I think when I see you. My half of my genetic is keeping you alive and growing.

I like how you have my sense of humor. The world is funny to you and I'm glad you see it that way already. Sure, you seem to have a very bad & stubborn temper, but what two year old doesn't? Some people may think its crazy or strange that you don't hold my hand when we walk unless you feel the need to. To me, I trust you enough to not run off and fly down some stairs. You always make sure I'm close behind, and if I'm not, you pull me along side.

You're growing up too fast for me to handle, Mia. You didn't even cry for the first time at the doctor since you were 7 months old! You also got your finger pricked and just sat there. I see you have your Mommy's high pain tolerance. =]
Instead of me tucking you into bed, you give me a good night kiss and say "love you". You grab my hands and lead be to dance. You feed me and wipe my face clean. You sing your little heart out all the time. (I guess you get that from my car singing when you were in my belly) It's nice see you grow up but then again, it scares me. In 2 years, you'll be in Pre-K/kindergarten, I'll be graduated from Emory and who knows were we'll be headed or what life will throw at us.

There's so much I want to teach you. So much and so little time before you think I'm an annoying mama who just wants to be cool and you won't listen to me again until you're 25. Until then, I'll try to teach you everything I know little by little, day by day. Eventually, you'll understand.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment