Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 21: Someone you judged by their first impression

Dear Nujuma and Mary,

I must confess. I have judged you both on first impressions. -___-
My deepest apologies.
I met Nujuma in because she was in my world geography class freshman year. It was a quite ghetto class, I must admit! I don't know why we were put in there to suffer. Anyway! I thought you were quiet (like myself) but a different kind of quiet girl. Like the one who would beat your face in if you tried to talk to her!! So I kept my distance & did one of those *hi-smiles* you do when you see people from class in the hallway....

Mary was in my biology class freshman year. And OOoh buddy. Did I think you were loud & ghetto! Goodness. You kind of scared me with how outgoing you were. I would think, "Man! If she met that girl from world geo, Nujuma, man... they would beat each other up!" But I still talked to you when the chances occurred. A "hey" there. A "hi" here. A "Oh, that Mary!" around.

Now that I have met both of you.... Its like you switched minds. Mary is the chill calm one & Nujuma can be a wild & crazy kid! Its funny how first impressions slap you in the face when you find out the truth. Ahhh.... The shock. I remember this summer when Adiam told me that Mary was coming with us to Andrea's swim party. I thought "Oh cool! You invited her?" and she said Nujuma had. I was like "Say what?! The two people who I thought freshman year would hate each other is homies?! Get outta here!" Laugh-Out-Loud.

Anyway, I guess its good to have fun first impressions so when you look back you can think "Man, was I wrong!" Unless you thought someone was an idiot & turned out to be an idiot... Then you get satisfaction. =] But overall, I'm glad I got to meet you guys & have helped expand the group to RATLMN. Occasionally RAN, or RANM, or RAM, or RAT, or RA, or AT, or TR. sometimes R. Lol. You get the point and welcome to the club.
May we have more eventful moments together.

With love, Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment