Monday, July 13, 2009

This I Promise You...









So, now these days with all the crazy relationship hype, "hook ups", one night stands, threesomes, foursomes, many-somes, and whatever else there is out there that I missed, it's hard to think there are any serious relationships left. Really.
But there are! And they're real!

Of course, I am not cool enough to be apart of this
clique, but maybe one day I will. =D
Woo-hoo!

Anyway. People in these "serious relationships" occasionally exchange gifts. Flowers, chocolates (ew!), clothing, jewlery, etc...
But I think the one thing many girl (and guys.... if you're that way) would love to get/have is a promise ring.
I know. AWWWWW! How cute! *tears of joy* thkayla-1.png promise ring image by future_mrs_baker

A beautiful piece of jewlery that shows that your love is dedicated to just one person (guy or girl) until you get married or die.... which ever comes first.

"Your in a wonderful relationship. Suddenly, on your 2 year anniversary, he pulls a box out of his pocket. You open it and see its a beautiful, sparkling ring lookin' you in the face! You squeel with excitement and put that baby right on you finger."

Sounds like a perfect teenage love story. Now you have some blang-blang on yo finger to show off & flaunt in front of your friends, family, strangers, your dog, etc. that says "Hey! I gotta man and he loves me so much he put a ring on it."

To me, I don't care about those types of things. If I was with a special someone, I wouldn't pressure him into getting me a promise ring just so I can show off to other girls that "I gotta man & he luh me!" (yes, I used "luh" not "love" to add emphasis on a ghetto accent) Singin' "Single Ladies" to him in his sleep so maybe he'll get the hint subconciously. ("If you like it then u better put a ring on it")
To Rav.en, rings don't symbolize jack to me unless you are getting married. Other than that, you can get me a ring. But to me, that doesn't necessarily mean you're not going to leave me for someone else or some other booty on the side. He might have got you the ring to make you shut up so he can sleep in peace. And not for the right reasons. As in "I'm getting you this ring to symbolize our love for one another." Not "Here trick. Now will you stop bothering me?!"
break-up.jpg break up image by airplane_toilet_2000Serious heart break if he said/meant that.

But yes. Material possesions are not everything. I don't need a Bentley, Mercedes, Jaguar, some Cognac, a little yacht, or a vacation on a beautiful Croatian beach to show that someone cares. (But that Bentley & vacation would be nice)
To me, I don't need a ring to show or symbolize my feelings for someone I've been with for a while & deeply care about. Just knowing that we're on the same page is good enough for me. =D

Plus with this whole recession thing, who got money or good enough credit fo' a ring? Fo' realz.




No comments:

Post a Comment