Thursday, July 30, 2009

How I Missed Thee!


So, as some of you know, my little Mi-ster is currently 6 months old. Growing fast, talking, laughing and just being the cutest darn thing smokin'! (Not really smokin, but you get the slang) I just never thought she would be so developed mentally at this age. Sure, I know she knows I'm mommy. The boobie-giver. The one she kicks in the back to wake up in the morning then laughs at me because I look like I just got ran over by a truck.
I just never thought this would happen now...

So, I let Mia go visit her Papa on.... Tuesday. Every kid needs to see their father every once in a while, right? I drop her off, say bye, and head my little booty back home for some well deserved T.L.C, and I'm not talking about the band. *Comedic drums: buhdum-dum*
By about 9pm, I get a text from father saying "Can you get her; she's being very fussy." Of course I'll get her, but it was raining like a herd giraffes were peeing on my house so I told him I'd get her in a little when the rain lets up a little. Mostly because I had just did my hair earlier & it was lookin straight BOMB, yo! And its not too safe to be out driving in a freakin' hurricane with a baby. (Duh) He then offered to take her home & I was thinking "dang... she must be straight trippin' if he can't wait to take her home..."

My Mia arrives home & thank God the rain had let up alot cuz she woulda been hella wet. (I don't think I packed a blanket for him to throw over her car seat) I looked at my stink & she looked kinda irritated but I just thought "she fell asleep during the little 5 minute ride home". When I took her out of the car seat, she just "hugged" me & layed her head on my shoulder. I thought oh, she must be tired. I sat in the rocking chair to rock her back to sleep.
When I got up to put her down, I saw she was wide awake. I picked her back up & she layed her head back on my shoulder & gave me another "hug".

She stayed like this for about 15 minutes, and the first thing I thought was "aww... my little baby missed me that much!" She has never done something like this before. I guess because I'm around her like her conjoined twin, and she realized "Mommy is gone. I want mommy!!"

I know eventually she might be saying "I hate mommy. Why won't she go somewhere so I can b free. Gosh!" But for now, it's nice that she finds comfort in me when she feels bad, feels sick, or is lonely.

After all, they say there is nothing that can compare to a mother's love...



No comments:

Post a Comment