Monday, August 3, 2009

Forever You and I

married.jpg Marriage image by SkiddledeeI thought this was so cute =]

But as you can see, this blog entry will be about le-marriage. Being married. Why people get married and my opinions/views on the subject.

*WARNING* If you do not support marriage for all, then I suggest you go right up there to the right-hand corner (left-hand side for Mac users) and exit out. And I mean NOW. Unless you're curious. Also, I am not the typical girl who has planned her wedding day at all. I haven't even thought of my wedding day... at all...
same-sex-marriage.jpg +o- image by skarlethviko

Anyway. It seems like these days, everyone is getting married. Weddings are booming like crazy. Ring shoppin', hinting things to your boyfriend like "wouldn't it be great if we had a family of our own?" or "So... When are you proposing?" But is everyone getting married for the right reasons?

I hate how all over the media is displaying that weddings are nothing more than tons of money spent on nothing just so a girl can throw the dream Barbie glitz & glam wedding she has been planning since she was 5 only to divorce the guy about 3 years later. (Ok, maybe a little dramatic) But really. To myself, I feel as if people are getting married for the attention and not because you truely love that person. Kind of as a way to make it ok that you have been living together & getting busy this whole time with out an offical "we're married" title.
Really. Do you think EVERY bride in white is that virginal?
On top of that, I thought this country was supposed to have a separation of church & state. So why can't gay and lebian individuals be married? If they truely love that person, why deny them the right to join as one before God if they aren't hurting you or bothering you? Everyone has to remember, God made people. Which means God MADE gay and lesbian people... (inyoface)

I'm not sure if I'll ever be married. Mostly because I'm a package deal now. Buy 1 Raven get a Mia free! I have to make sure my daughter likes this guy and is comfortable around him also. Marriage is not just for me anymore. It's for MY little family. Also, I'm not sure if I'm wife-material. I'm more on the independent side of the railroad tracks & some guys are intimidated by that. They might want a girl who would listen to their every word like he's the next prophet and I'd probably divorce him before he knew what was happening. And Destiny's Child making that song "Cater 2 U". My religious higer being! I could have cut dem bitches for making a song like that! I would never "cater" to a guy like how they describe. I hate that song... Deeply...
PhotoImage.jpg image by buttrfly816
Is it sad that I probably planned my divorce more than I've dreamed about my wedding? I guess because I've been exposed to so much negativity with marriage that I really don't find it as a serious thing. I kind of see it kind of as a joke in a way. (I know what you're thinking. Raven has a heart of ice... and I do. Keeps me strong.) After all, my parents divorced when I was like... 7? Maybe 8? I don't even remember & the marriage wasn't too smooth anyway. *negativity* Plus my disappointment/anger/rage in the past with the male species hasn't helped either... at all...

I just think people need to stop and think if they are making the right decisions before jumping into something SO sacred and religious. (And this is coming from the agnostic girl who avoids going to church)

Me? I'm not sure what the future has in store for me. Maybe I'll be alone with just me, Mia & my chihuahuas. (I want 2-3) Maybe I'll be happily married to one person until I leave Earth. Who knows? My negative views will change as I get older (I hope) and when I actually find a guy worth my time and energy and is serious about a relationship & more... Not just for a fling here & just to say "I gotta gf!" Along with Mia's beauty & presence too. =]

Until then, I'll be happy with what I have: my healthy life and a beautiful little girl to share it with.


No comments:

Post a Comment