Monday, August 17, 2009

"I Mistaked the Devil for Cupid"

"I mistaked the devil for cupid" is a line from my sister's poem she recently wrote and I enjoyed the poem very much. (good job) But this line caught my attention the most.
Have you ever met someone and thought he or she was like THE ONE. Thought he/she was the greatest thing since sliced bread. They were cute, kind, caring, great to talk to, everything you ever wanted in a boy or girlfriend or even friend.
Until one day, things change. This perfect angel turns into someone you don't know. Jealousy, deciet, lies, empty promises, cheating, everything bad you can think of, he or she does.These ones are always the ones that get us, and they know to go for the most vulnerable people too.
I think we've all dealt with something like this. Some more severe than others.
People turn out to me nothing like we would have expected. Or is it all in our minds?
Do we make up how we want people to be in our minds and then see who they really are once we get to know them better?

I think I do this sometimes, sadly. I imagine how things could be and then I'm just let down because I see who they really are. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in God. Devil? Not so much.... I don't believe people are driven to do evil things by the Devil as a way for him to raise his army back up again and take over Heaven one day. I don't believe people are driven by God to do good things.

I believe every person is born with choices. The Godly choices & the Devilish choices. I believe we have a little bit of both in us. Good and Bad. Angelic and Evil. We just choose which ones we want to express. Some people just get a kick out of hurting others. Some people try so hard to be a good person, but just go un-noticed. Some don't care that they are hurting you.

I believe in karma. People who do evil and hurtful things will get what is coming to them. They will meet someone even more evil and decietful than they are. (They always say there is always someone better than you) I love when these things happen. A bad person falls in love with someone and suddenly is heart broken because he or she cheated, lied or doesn't love them back.
Sorry for being cold hearted, but I love seeing this happen.

So before you think of being a cheater, liar, or do something wrong (and you know its wrong) just remember, what goes around comes around. There is always someone more hurtful out there than you...

No comments:

Post a Comment