Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 3: A Letter to Your Parents

Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for having me. I hope I haven't made your lives too crazy and stressed out because now I know how hard it is to raise a child. Especially not knowing if you are raising them correctly.

Now that I am older, I have come to appreciate the little thing you guys have done for me over the years. From putting me in gymnastics, to throwing birthday parties, to reading me bed time stories, to buying me a car, to just keeping a home for me to live in. Some people don't have parents that care as much or can provide as much as you guys have. Even if it meant sacrificing something for yourself to make me happy, you did it.

I can't believe it took me 17 years to realize how much parents are taken for granted. Everyone says, "Oh, I hate my parents won't let me do this and that. They're so annoying! They expect too much." But deep down, it just shows you care. If you didn't set rules or didn't call at 11:59pm to see if you'll be home by 12am, we would feel as if you didn't care about what we were doing... I guess the complaining is just a form of tough, teenage love.

Now that I'm 20 and a parent myself, I can see things in the perspective that you guys do. I want the best for Mia the same way you want the best for me. And even though I have made you mad in the past, I hope I am making you proud now.

I know I don't say it enough, but I love both of you and thank you.

With love,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment