Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 6: A Letter to a Stranger

Dear Stranger,

I don't know who you are, but if I meet you, I would like for you to not kill me first of all. If I am still breathing after I introduce myself, I would like to you to know that I am unique. My life story is full of twists and turns that has helped make me who I am now.

I'd also like for you to know that I don't like chocolate. So for Valentine's day, please, keep the brown stuff away. Not even white chocolate. Flowers are OK, even though their pollen hurts my feelings...

I also fractured my left ankle and never went to the doctor to fix it. I thought it was a sprain. So if you see me limping on some days (especially when it's extra cold), it is because my ankle hurts me. Not because I'm trying to be a pimp.

I like blogging... I think it's fun. Writing has always been so much easier for me than talking.

I think I have big eyes and nose, but I guess that benefits my sight and sense of smell.... Well, I do smell things easily. My eye sight is shot. No, my eye sight is on life support.

I like colorful pens. Why be bland and write in simple black, blue or pencil when your letters and notes can be a rainbow of excitement! The world isn't boring, why should my handwriting be?

I eat rice for breakfast sometimes... Actually, my favorite breakfast/snack is: rice vermicelli noodles with a hint of soy sauce and a 2 scrambled eggs with a dash of fish sauce and cilantro if I have some fresh. I like its simplicity, low in calories, and fullness it gives me.

I am muscular. Sometimes I don't like it because my body doesn't fit the "American stereotype of a lean, skinny model". I have bulky biceps and muscular thighs and calves. Then again, I wouldn't be able to dance and hold my leg up without support without these muscles. Its a love-hate relationship...

I'm short. And one day I will find a short man, and we will be short together forever in our little house with little clothes, and little dogs, and short-length pants, and short hair, with short children. (But a long life).

Finally, I like to live. I like to have fun, try new things, remember, take pictures, run, jump, fly, swim, dive, cart wheel, flip, roll, tip toe, stomp, and feel. Who knows when one's life will end? This is why I live each day with a smile on my face and all my troubles left behind me.

So, my dear stranger, after all this, you will still remain a stranger. I am merely the author of this entry and you are my silent audience. In the end, you are still a stranger, and I am still Raven.

Signed,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment